Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chomp chomp

I've come to the conclusion that Lindsay has a valid point. Damn, I hate to admit that! She doesn't know it yet, but I'll agree with her that the kids should move from the school district they're in now (New Prague) to Farmington (her choice, the one she lives in). Taking everything into account it just makes sense and from everything I've heard and been able to find Farmington is a good district.

Conner was slated to be in an advanced program this year in 3rd grade. That was my biggest holdup regarding moving him, I didn't want him to miss out on that. It turns out Farmington uses the same assessment tests to evaluate their students so they'll accept his results without needing to re-evaluate him for themselves. Kayli's fine with moving and starting middle school and Devon's just starting Kindergarten so this is as good of time as any to move them I suppose.

----

Got together with "the guys" last Saturday night for a few drinks - Wade, Souk, Mesch . Always fun. We did our best Siskel & Ebert analysis and talked about a few movies. I saw Wanted a couple of weeks ago, I'd recommend it. Still wanna see Hancock and The Dark Knight. Usually I can wait for movies to come out on DVD, but lately I have the itch to watch these in the theater. Maybe I can take out a loan to go to the theater and splurge on some popcorn and a drink too. $9 just for a movie ticket, unreal.

One movie that was highly recommended (insert sarcasm) from 1 of the other 3 is Teeth. Check it out, hehehe. After being told what it was about we got quite a few laughs out of the concept. We have the sequels all lined up, or at least the names for 'em. Where do screen writers come up with some of these ideas?! Real life experiences? I hope not, especially now that I'm back out in that dating world scene (kind of, available to be anyway).

Speaking of, no, I'm not dating anyone and no, there aren't any potentials on the horizon. Thank you all for asking though quite often.

I'm fine with that. In fact, I'm not even really looking. If "she" were to fall into my lap I'd probably act on the opportunity, but I don't think I really want to be proactive in that realm right now. Occasionally I do long for someone to snuggle with or wake up next to, but for the time being I enjoy being selfish with my time and doing only the things I want to do, when I want to do them. Dating someone wouldn't necessarily allow for that. Besides, I'm not sure I could afford a date now anyway, my money's being funneled elsewhere, what little extra there is of it.

One of those funneling places is going to be for my next run, the RAGNAR Relay (http://www.ragnarrelay.com/). I'm really looking forward to this on 8/22-8/23. I'm on a 12 person team (7 gals, 5 guys) and we take turns running over pre-set distances, 1 at a time and then hand off to the next person, from La Crosse, WI to Minneapolis. A total of 205 miles, 178 different teams! Our team starts at 8:00 on Friday morning and we'll run all day, through the night and following morning until we reach the finish line. It should take us approx. 30 hours, give or take 2-4 hours. It's gonna be a hoot! I'm one of the co-captains for our team and am helping organize things. This particular race is in its 4th year I think and there are other Ragnar events throughout the country at different times. I think it would be fun to do some of the other destinations some year too.

Our team name is The Babes And The Boys and we're going to decorate our 2 support vehicles with bras, boxers and jock straps. This race highly encourages you to have fun with it and gives out awards for best team name, best van decorations, best costume, etc. It's more about the fun than the run. They also mention not to plan on getting any sleep and if you do it's a bonus. It'll be interesting to run my 5 mile leg on day 2 with sleep deprivation. If I remember I'll have to keep track of my splits.

Well, I better hit the hay. Before I do though, I think I might as well call Lindsay and tell her now. I'm sure she'll appreciate the 1:00 a.m. call. Hey, she's getting her way! I should at least be able to call when I want to, right?!

No comments: