Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What's Next?!

Well, I guess it's probably time to move on from IM and start thinking about life post-140.6. Despite my last post, everything about the day was great! I've forgotten about the pain and only remember the joy. Yes, the swim was scary, but I just laugh now thinking back to the chaos and realizing how much fun I had once it was done. It was the scariest and coolest thing, all at the same time! Yes, sitting on a bike seat for 6 straight hours is a long time, but it flew by and certainly didn't feel like that long. Yes, the run wasn't quite ideal, but I will learn from it and didn't have to do the whole thing alone. Plus, this was my first IM so no matter how I did I was going to set a PR and I know that 13:32 also leaves room for realistic improvement!

I've had a few workouts since. Been back in the pool a couple of times and hope to maintain where I'm at there by only going once or twice per week. Put the bike back on the trainer in the basement since the evenings are getting darker earlier. I truly believe the biking is the greatest contributor to my faster running so I'll continue with those workouts, hopefully all winter. Have done a couple of shorter runs and this past Monday night I was finally able to run with the "fast guys" at run club! I was never able to do that pre-IM. Just another indicator all the training paid off.

Throwing around some ideas in my head about a tattoo. Nothing for sure yet, not even the decision I'll get one, so we'll just have to wait and see where that leads.

I've started looking for a December marathon to run so I need to nail down a date and get back to a set schedule. It's only been 2 1/2 weeks since IM so I know I'm still recovering and will try to honor that so I don't breakdown, but I miss the structure training provides and going to bed after a rigorous workout (sometimes showering first). Probably won't do 2-a-day workouts for awhile yet though.

Enjoying a few more social, guilt-free beers too. Life is good!

No comments: