Saturday, September 10, 2011

The End Is Within Sight

Sitting in the hotel room, the night before IM, wondering what tomorrow will bring, wondering what I'll bring tomorrow. As I thought, this past week has been a whirlwind and flown by. The culmination of everything is kinda surreal and I want to say this weekend feels real, but I still don't know if I understand what I'm about to embark on. Ah, I take that back. It feels real. I know what I'm about to do and let me be honest, it's FRICKIN' SCARY AND AWESOME AND I WOULDN'T WANT IT ANY OTHER WAY!

My cheer crew just came through to wish me good night, good luck and all that jazz. Having everyone here makes it that much more special and a little extra motivation to push through the wall when I know I'll want to quit. I know at some point I'll start to question things, consider dropping, but I'll dig deep for myself and for the others who are along on this journey too.

Team McIron:
Mom and Dad
The Best Aunt Jan
Kristin
Liss and Ken
Carmen and Thomas
Kayli, Conner and Devon
Tracey Patterson
April Seifert
Shawn Anne and John Buttschau
Marcy Sackett
Jen and Mitch Wall
Amiee Decker
Kelly Hanson

And, last, but most definitely not least, IRONSHERPA Kimmi!!! Thanks, Kimmi, for being here and holding my hand through this.

This hasn't been the deep and meaningful post I thought it might be. Still too many things bouncing around in the noggin' so let's just end it and say it's gonna be fun to post a recap sometime next week. Check back soon!

Happy IM everyone!

No comments: