Friday, October 17, 2008

Thursday Night Date

Had a date tonight. Nope, not another one with my buddy Shawn. This one was with someone more important and a member of the female persuasion even!

I suppose I could try to string you along, but I won't. I took my daughter, Kayli, to the Guthrie to see the musical The Little House on the Prairie.

It was a good show. Beautiful voices, but the songs and a few of the characters didn't really jive. One of the cool things about this musical though (and you had to grow up watching the show 30ish years ago like I'm not too afraid I did to really appreciate this) is that Melissa Gilbert, who played Laura Ingalls in the tv show back then, is in the performance for this production run. She plays Laura's mom this time around though. I don't think she could've pulled off still being Half Pint.

-------------------------

I got Booed at work yesterday morning by a coworker. Can you believe it? Don't you wish you worked there? Actually, it's a good/fun thing. It's a secret "Boo" as in Halloween. It's loosely like the secret Santa, chain letter thing. I don't know who started it, but I got to my desk yesterday morning and there was a little decorated Halloween bowl filled with candy sitting on my desk with a Halloween poem and instructions and a Boo sign. I have to leave the sign hanging on my wall to show that I've been Booed and secretly do the same thing to 2 others - leave a little treat/trinket and the instructions and sign - within 24 hours and then each one of them does it 2 people and so on and so on. Eventually if everyone follows the instructions the whole office should have boo signs hanging by everyone's desk. I think I'll take mine down so people think I haven't gotten it yet and maybe that way I'll get more candy.

--------------------------

Another good run today with a little bit of speed work thrown in. Confidence is gaining heading into these final 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Ms. R said...

HAHA! Great minds think a like - I was thinking while reading your Boo story, "Why would you put the card up? Get more candy!!" hahaha. Happy weekending!

Jon said...

The sign has come down!