Thursday, August 21, 2008

An Easy 205 Miler

Off to La Crosse tomorrow for the Ragnar Relay which starts Friday morn. Things got off to a hectic start for the team this week. On Sunday, one of our runners opted to go water skiing 5 days before this event. Well, she wiped out, the ski smacked her in the knee, and now she's at home nursing a fractured kneecap for the next 3 to 6 weeks. I don't know if one truly tapers for an event like this, but I don't think water skiing should necessarily be on the agenda either.

After some scrambling we found a replacement runner so we're all good there. Thought I was going to have to pick up some extra miles, whew!!

Gonna keep this one short, gotta hit the hay. Dream of me running my 8 mile leg at 2:00 a.m. Saturday morn. while you're snoring away!

Race recap sometime next week once I wake up and have recovered.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Have a fantastic time at Ragnar! I can't wait to hear all about it, the weather sounds perfect. I wish I could join you but I'll be there in spirit cheering you on :)