Sunday, April 5, 2009

Jockstrap Jon

It was a fun, busy weekend.

Saturday morning started off with a tri group run. It was the first time I've been to this group's run because I'm usually running with the marathon group over the weekend, who ran on Sunday (read later) so I was able to get to the tri group run. It was fun to shake things up a bit and run with new people and see how they're all doing. It was also a Zone 2 run which I admit I don't do so it was nice to be forced to do that.

After the run a group of us went to Fuddrucker's for a not so healthy lunch, but we were all given a pass on that today. It was for a fundraiser a teammate and I had - Fuddrucker's donated 20% of their sales for each person who brought in a flyer that we distributed. We won't know for a few days how we actually did, but let's hope there were a lot of people who came in with flyers!

Today was the "tougher" of the 2 days. After an overnight dusting of snow (grrrr, I dislike snow in April) the marathon group met for an easy jaunt of just 14 miles. It actually wasn't too bad out there as the paths were clear, but the wind wasn't exactly our friend. It was a good run and I felt strong.

After cleaning up after the run it was off to do something I haven't done in nearly 3o years - dodgeball. Another tri team teammate was hosting a dodgeball tournament so I got thrown on a team and we represented. I have to say we did pretty well! We got 2nd in both the 1st and 2nd sessions, losing to the same team both times, so obviously 2nd place overall. Not bad for a bunch of wanna-bes! Our claim to fame though isn't in dodgeball, but in sippy cup competition. Once you lose a dodgeball match you're automatically entered into the sippy cup tourney which masquerades as the dodgeball losers bracket. If you win the sippy cup tourney you get back into the dodgeball. We ruled in sippy cup and couldn't be beat - we were 5-0! Unfortunately we couldn't carry that over to the Championship round for what we were there for in the first place! Oh well, no one (me included) expected us to get that far! There were some interesting outfits worn (maybe by yours included) so I'll try to get pictures posted once I receive them.

Overall, a fun weekend, but alas, it's nearly over so now I better recoup for my 3 day work week this week (taking Thurs. and Fri. off).

Let's hope this was the last snowfall of the season!

No comments: