Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Still here?

Sorry I've been neglecting you, my reader(s). What have you been doing with your time since it's not spent reading about my trivialities? Today I decided I'm going to make a better effort to keep you entertained on a more regular basis. If you think these postings are entertaining, well, then I think you better see someone about that. I have to admit I miss coming in here and blotting things down. I don't know why I don't more often, but it's probably from a variety of things that all boil down to not enough hours in the day.

The big thing this week is that the new TNT season and teams start this weekend! Woo hoo!! We have our Kickoff Party on Saturday. All the teams for the summer season - marathon, triathlon and bike teams - get together for a big rah rah meeting and meet each other for the first time. I like this kickoff party - getting to meet my new mentees (I'm a mentor again for the Tri team), seeing their nervous excitement, trying to guess who I'm going to be friends with by the end of the season, getting motivated by our team honorees and just having that feeling of wanting to be out there exercising with a goal in mind.

I'm fundraising again this year so check out my website and help out if you can. I'm already done with one of my fundraisers that brought in $500 so I'm off to a good start. Only a few thousand more to go!

I started training on my own a couple of weeks ago just so I wouldn't be a complete load at the start of the TNT season. It's been somewhat sporadic, but when I am out there I've really enjoyed being back at it. A coworker introduced me to her running group at the Bloomington Lifetime Fitness and they're a great bunch. I'll only be able to run with them every other Monday, but I think just that little bit will help. They're a great bunch and have some fast runners! They should help push me which is what I need. This winter has been brutal for running outdoors and I find it hard to get out there when it's just me so between TNT and now this LTF group hopefully that'll help hold myself accountable for getting my runs in.

Work has been feast or famine it seems. I'll be crazy busy for a couple of days and then there'll be a lull...and then busy again! There were some pretty major reorganizations (in the accounting world, not in the layoff sense or workforce) that took affect Jan. 1 and now that we're closing the books for the first month a lot of issues (i.e. clean-up) are surfacing. It'll be a fun next couple of days (heavy sarcasm). No major complaints coming from my end though. I'm thankful for my job and enjoy most of the people I work with.

I say most because there is that one. I'm pretty sure he doesn't read this so let's discuss - he's a slurper. It drives me nuts!!! Every morning when he gets his coffee I can hear him slurping every sip. The first day I heard it I didn't think much of it, but the next day I realized this was going to be a daily occurrence. I may eat with my elbows on the table every now and then, but I like to think I have good table manners. Slurping is right up there for me as one of the biggest no-nos for table manners. All in all he is a nice guy and probably doesn't even realize he's slurping, but C'MON! How do you tell a grown man he has a bad habit?

Well, there's my rant for tonight. Ah, that feels better.

No comments: