Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Need Jillian Michaels

28,650+14:25+8:10=326.7. Seriously, it does.

Remember in my previous post how I said I was looking forward to Tuesday because it was weigh-in day? Well, let's just say I won't win any Biggest Loser contests. I dropped a whopping 2 lbs. 2!! I'm doing the workouts, honest I am! Actually, it's not that big of a deal. I was expecting to see a lower weight, but I'm feeling better and noticing physical changes. I'm chalking up the lack of weight loss to the belief I'm gaining a little muscle mass. I'll take that trade-off I guess. Muscle will make me faster, right?

So, the above equation. Figure out how that makes sense? Alright, here's how - those are my January totals for my workouts:
28,650 is how many yards I've swum. This equates to 16.3 miles. An argument could be made that this could be even longer since I've been doing a majority of my swims in a pool that's measured in meters instead of yards.
14:25 is the number of hours:minutes I've spent on my bike. In past races I usually average 20-21 mph. I don't have anything hooked up that tracks my actual trainer miles so I'm just using an average of 18 mph. At that rate it equates to 259.5 miles.
8:10 is the hr:min I've spent running. Between the treadmill and counting laps on the track this is pretty close to 50.9 miles.
So, 16.3 miles swimming, 259.5 miles biking and 50.9 miles running equals 326.7. Pretty obvious, huh?

Makes me wonder how many miles I'll have to do if I want to lose 5 lbs in 1 month. Yikes!!!

No comments: